Blogger Backgrounds

Friday 30 December 2016

marriage...yes or nah-aah?

Assalamualaikum readers.

i know lately all i have writing about has something to do with relationships. it's just that i'm going through the phase right now where everyone is talking about marriage.

my sister just got married, and now it seems like, the spotlight is on me.

question after question has been shot towards me whenever i am at a family function.

and sometimes, i do have some doubts. of whether i should walk down the path or not.
sometimes, all i wanna do is get married and start a family.

I DO.

Pros.
- i would get a new family. i could be a good listener to a new sister or brother, an aunt to a little niece or nephew. help my mother in law in the kitchen, listen to my father in law talk while we watch TV. 
- have a companion 24/7. the one who would listen, cry and laugh with me through my ups and downs, accept me and stand by my side as i reveal my crazy side.
- finally start a family. i wanna have lots of kids. to educate them on how to be a great person not only here, but even in the afterlife. Teach them what it's like to survive on this planet, cherish all the moments and love them unconditionally
- have a better support system. when i am down, i know for sure i have my husband to turn to, who will build me up once again.
- have a superman who could fix everything up. if my pipes need plumbing, he'd get down on his back fixing it, if my light doesn't work, would get on a ladder to fix it, sees a cockroach or any scary insect, would save his wife and kill it? hahha...

Cons.
- i really don't know how to cook, haven't mastered anything in particular. if i get a picky husband, i'm doomed. 
- pretty lazy at times, so my house would be a pigsty. and what if my husband has OCD? *gasps* definitely dead.
- i don't like to be controlled. so if he expects me to be this and that, and if i can't be, then there would be trouble in paradise.
- am i ready emotionally to share everything private with him? 
- will he willingly accept me for who i am? what if he hates me after he sees my flaws?
- how will i cope with family matters, finances and work....and on top of that him?

I'M SORRYY...

Pros.
- life would be fun. i can do whatever the heck it is i want.
- all my income from work would be mine and mine alone. maybe i would give them to my parents.
- don't have to deal with family dramas. mother in law, sister in law, husband....house, kids...
- hmmm...get a cat?

Cons.
- forever lonely. i would never understand love, be loved.
- grow old with my cat? that's so sad..
- depression. all my friends and friends would probably get married and i would forever be haunted with the same question "when's your turn Ema?"
- i would have to be my own Superman....battling roaches and other crazy insects in fear. 

well...seems like there's so much advantages if i get married. maybe not now. someday. once i found my Superman?

anyways, i hope all of you out there who's thinking about marriage, just be true to yourself, say YES when you have thought about it and feel like you're ready about it. because there's no turning back after you said yes. 
pray and have faith in God that he would help guide you in every choice that you make. insyaAllah...

thanks for reading. 
bye.

No comments: