Blogger Backgrounds

Saturday 16 September 2017

Toothless, the lost kitten.

Today, i dedicate an entry for a small little kitten which passed away this morning due to porvovirus.

I adopted a kitten at a cat center in Perlis near my workplace due to depression. I felt like my world was ending and i had no motivation to continue on with life. I decided if i divert my attention to a pet, it would help me. Like, i am given a task to give this pet attention and happiness.

I went in the pet center looking for a kitten. And the owner said she had kittens for adoption, and also kittens for sale.
I saw this poor little kitten staring at me, with sad eyes, sitting closely to his mates in the cage. He was a little kitten, about 2 months old, very weak and had fleas all over him.

I named him Toothless. Why?
Because my late best friend and I shared a secret. That we would somehow adopt or buy a cat, name it Toothless and take care of it. Even though Toothless is not black, i just thought it was a nice name, in the honour of remembering my late friend.

I brought him back after i did some shopping. Spent about rm150 on cat stuff, from a cage to his litter box and shampoo.
Then i swept the floor, mopped the room and set everything up. He walked around the house, didnt meow at all, slept with me on the bed. I woke up at 2am in the morning, watched it walk around a bit then fell asleep. And again i woke up at 4am just to check on him and slept again. At 6am, he bit my arm. Ouch!

To cut the story short, he was kindda enjoying his life, but sadly a few days after, his appetite reduced and he falls asleep a lot. He was lethargic all the time.
Last Thursday, i checked him into the center to be taken care of while i travelled to penang.
The owner informed me that Toothless had contracted Porvovirus, a deadly virus that kills many kittens and cats. Plus, Toothless wasnt vaccinated when i adopted him. The owner thought he was too weak to be vaccinated, so she planned to get him vaccinated when he is a few months older.

Unfortunately, he passed away this morning.

In rememberance of Toothless, these are the few things i'd like to share about my little kitten.
1. He likes to cuddle up with me or some thick cloths. I think it makes him feel safe.
2. He only meowed on the second day of adoption.
3. He has separation anxiety. Everytime i am away, even to the toilet, he meows, calling for me.
4. He likes watching Tv or videos on the internet, he is fascinated by the colours and movements.
5. He loves to explore. He walks around with his nose sniffing the floor, dirt and everything in it, and then gets confused as to how to get back to the room.
6. He learnt how to use the litter box pretty quickly, on the second day itself. He's a smart kitten.
7. He doesnt know how to play with toys...especially when i am around. I dont know why...maybe because he was sick.
8. He has extreme passion for the bathroom. Because the bathroom door is always closed, he likes to try and push the door open to see whats inside. He even slept outside the bathroom door a few times.
9. He's afraid of heights. But he loves to give a try at jumping and clinging onto the sofa and bed.
10. He doesnt enjoy shower. But he felt so much better with the fleas all gone. And he smelt nicer.

Gonna add picture of him soon.

Rest in peace, little one. I hope i've brought some happiness into your life.

No comments: