Blogger Backgrounds

Monday 24 February 2014

giving up...



Assalamualaikum and good day people..
i'm supposed to finish covering my lecture notes but i just got a new idea to write...i'll keep this short.

Just give up.

wait, isn't giving up a negative thing?
giving up here only applies after you tried your very hardest and things still don;t turn up great, then please give up already.

before i share things that happened to me, let me share a few stories about a celebrity i love and adore.
Nick Lachey Camden John
meet the Lachey's  =)

Nick Lachey (the guy from 98 degrees) dated Vanessa Minnillo (a model) for more than 5 years and finally got married in 2011. After they got married, the very thing on their wishlist is to become parents. They have been trying really hard to get pregnant, but still there were no good news. She finally gave up trying after almost one year and thought to herself, "Okay, i'm gonna relax and have fun. The baby can come when the time comes" 
Guess what? 
Two weeks later, she got pregnant. Nine months later, came baby Camden Lachey with dark hair and blue eyes. he's an angel. 

Now, i would like to share some of my personal experiences about giving up.

1- tried to join a group where people talk about religion and stuff for a year, and nothing happened. I told a friend to help out and somehow my heart gave up that night. i thought to myself that night, "God, this is my last resort. if i still don't get any god news about this, i believe it's a sign from you. maybe this is what's best for me"
I woke up the next day, totally forgotten about what happened the night before. Two days later, i got a text from a classmate, an invite to join her religious group. What?

2- when i first entered the university, i was so afraid on how to make new friends. and it got harder when i realized every other girls actually made friends with all the boys in the batch. somewhere along the line, i guess i pretty much gave up on having a guy friend. 
what happened a few weeks later surprised me. I was in the cafe, lining up for food and one of the guys in my batch came up to me and literally introduced himself to me.
now, i have lots of guy friends. just friends.

3- had a class where i'm gonna have to remove calculus from teeth. it was hard and my hands become numb from all the manual scaling. we have two hours to do this every week. usually, by 45 minutes, my back aches and i sigh a lot. I'll start calculating the time left for the class to end. That's when things start to change. The Dr would come around and pass my work. I got to move on to a different teeth. I advanced. 

moral of the story, things would only work out when you really give up and leave everything to God...but with one exception, you've gave it your all.
Thinking about something over and over again in your head may stress out your system and nothing would work out...so, chill...
when you're stressed, relax. take a moment to breathe and try again. if you fail, relax. have faith that things would work out the next time. don;t give up TOO easily, it won;t work either. ^_~

No comments: