Blogger Backgrounds

Wednesday 25 January 2017

My Mr Zorro

who is my Mr Zorro?

when i was younger (in my undergraduate years) i would wish Mr Zorro was there on the field, waiting for me, on his black horse, ready to pick me up for a ride, while i cried on his shoulders if i was sad or scream my lungs out if i was angry. no matter what, he would be there to comfort me. 

the reason him being a Zorro is because he is a mystery, i do not know who he was, nor his looks. 
but i know he is caring and that he loves me.

somehow, by the end of my 3rd year, i kindda forgot about him. entirely. i don't know where he went, or why didn't i reach out for him. he stopped visiting me in my dreams too. 
maybe i had enough support from my friends, that i didn't need to run into his arms when i needed him most.

now, i am 25 years old. (oh gosh, i feel so old!) reading my old blog entries, i realized i totally forgot about him. and i wrote about him quite a lot, but then what happened?

i grew up?

LOL.

i did blog about marriages, husbands, relationships...but i recalled of me writing an entry of the characteristics i look for in a man i'll call my husband. but i can't find it.

i don't think much has changed. i stand by what i say...even until today.

so, here goes.

1. i don't have specifics on how he should look like. but i would like his to have a nice face. when people look at him, they can't help but smile. yeah, that's the face i'm looking for. 

2. tall. he should be tall. because i am short. i want my kids to be tall. hahha...talking about genes and inheritance. how tall? hmm...when i stand by him, i should be at his shoulders, so...around 5' 10"? one more thing is that i would like to wear a 4 inch heels on the wedding day, so he still has to be taller than me, even with heels. 

3. physique: don't mind if he's fit or slightly chubby. i used to long for a muscled man, like Randy Orton. but then i realized, what if he's a gym freak? then, i cannot enjoy food around him. i have to eat healthy. then we'd bicker a lot. sigh.
then i also liked the idea of a chubby husband, then i would look thinner and smaller around him. and i get warm hugs. hehe...

4. job: steady job. as long as he's working, i'm okay with it.
i don't demand him to be an engineer, doctor or architect. i'm pretty much okay with anything, even a clerk. insyaAllah i'm okay. 
but i am a dentist, why would i wanna marry a clerk?
it's not that i wanna marry a clerk. i'm saying that i don't demand for him to be working with a 3k salary every month. i don't mind if he earns lesser than me.
as long as he can provide for me, and willing to strive and work harder for the both of us.
and he would accept me as his wife, even though i earn more than him, he's okay with it.
and when people (relatives) ask about his occupation, i don't want him to be intimidated with their questions. truthfully, i would back him up. i'm pretty sure i would. i promise i would.
but he needs to understand all of the circumstances before we agree to get married (if he really earns lesser than me)
if he earns more, Alhamdulillah.
P/S: my dad earned lesser than my mum when they got married. and a lot of people looked down on my dad. but my grandpa and mum backed him up, saying he's hardworking and a good guy. *choking up* so, what's the matter? my dad turned up to be a businessman 10 years down the road. and he supported my mum and three kids. Alhamdulillah.
P P/S: can't believe i'm tearing up. i'm emotionally wrecked.

5. house: i used to set my dreams big, he has to own a house for the both of us to live in. but looking at the current situation now, i'm kindda okay if we have to go through hardship earlier in the marriage. like, living in a rented place while looking for an apartment for long term plan. 
but if he has bought a unit for us, that's a bonus.
what about living with his parents? i'm not sure.
maybe i would, maybe i wouldn't. can't really decide on it yet. 

6. transport: whether he owns a car or a motorbike, i am grateful either way. as long as we have a transport. hahah...
i don't really look at brand, i don't know about it. as long as we can get to a place safely, that's good enough for me.

7. personal traits: funny, respectful to elders, willing to accept my brother as his own, responsible, hardworking, easy to talk to, family oriented person.
handy around the house, if the light doesn't work, he has some knowledge in changing them, if the sink goes crazy, he's willing to check the pipes and fix it (need to try first before we call the plumber). these are the traits that my dad has, and i wish he has it too. 
loves music and movies. please, if he hates music, i'm sorry i can't go on. coz i'm a music freak. 
i even thought of him presenting me a mixtape for our engagement or wedding. it's a little present for me. just like the old school western culture.
loves animals, i really really wish we could adopt a black cat and name it Toothless (just like Toothless from How To Train Your Dragon). we would have it until we have kids of our own, and the cat would become part of our lives. yay! insyaAllah. (why am i obsessed with the cat? because i can't have it in my own home, so i am dreading for it) 
what if he doesn't like cats? bummer! 
what about a pet rabbit? i just need something that i can pat and put on my lap while i watch a movie or read a book. 
hmm...what else? 
i think that's pretty much it.

8. bonus trait 1: could sing and dance. 
wouldn't it be nice if he was crazy enough to dedicate me a song on our wedding day?

bonus trait 2: knows how to play a musical instrument.
too bad i can't play anything besides the flute. and the last time i blew a flute was in primary school. 
it'd be romantic if he could strum a few chords when he's bored at home, singing his favourite songs, even teach me how to play on the weekends. *snap out of it, emma!*

okay sorry, i got too carried away. 

basically these are the things i look for in my husband, my Mr Zorro. 

wherever you are, know that i will wait for you, insyaAllah. 

and may i get to meet you someday, and you pick me up on your horse, and we ride in the middle of the night, to our own adventure.


No comments: