Blogger Backgrounds

Thursday 19 January 2017

Rants...Part 2

Assalamualaikum, readers.

I've been browsing through my list of entries and found out one entry where i rant. (click here to get the scoop)

and i was laughing at how upset i was at the time. 

being the second child is always difficult. my parents didnt bring me EVERYWHERE to show me off when i was growing up, so they only remember my older sister. i've been overshadowed for years...oh God.

and now, Alhamdulillah, I would like to give myself a pat on the back for all my efforts...

one of my second cousins, he became my best friend. how did this happen?
let's call him Mr A. 

Mr A and i got connected through Facebook. my cousins added him and so i thought there wasn't any harm in doing so. i was 17 then. 

we just finished SPM and then shortly after, i got his number. i don't quite remember how i got his number, but then we started texting after his grandmother passed away. we were both 19 i suppose.

he was going through a rough time because he lived with her in the same house and when she passed, the house was a wreck. and since he grew up in the house, people expected him to rise to the occasion. he didn't sleep the entire night because people were constantly coming over and couldn't find the house. so he had to guide them.

i remembered advising him to take a short nap and ask someone to cover for him, but he said he couldn't trust anyone else and that nobody would even offer to take his place. i was up all night, studying for my finals and yet texting him, letting him know that i am here for him.

since then, whenever i went over to visit his family, he would approach me to talk. simple talk. stupid discussions over nothing. we bicker and fight. and he would constantly try to chase me around, just to have a conversation.

he was the ugly duckling of the family. people look down on him because of his petite physique and low self confidence. but when i talk to him, he's nothing like that. he speak with confidence and would voice out his opinions like nothing else matter.

and his aunt would get jealous. (im not making this up. it's true) she wondered why i would speak to him, instead of her son. 

thinking about it makes me laugh. 

that time, we both looked at him and just pretended he wasnt there. and continued talking.

he knows my secrets, things i never told others and i knew his. we were really friends, not cousins.
and it feels good to have that bond with someone, funny how we were cousins for 18 years and didn't connect, but in over 6 years, we were like besties.

when he got sick, we were constantly texting each other back and forth, almost on a daily basis. 
he told me everything from him throwing up on the bed, to the colour of his urine and how the nurses treated him. 

i knew everything.

though he didn't tell me what was the diagnosis, he somehow gave me lots of clues to what it was.

he shared with me his fears, and i hope i supported him through his final days.

he finally gave up on March 10th 2016. 

i miss everything about him. but i know God has better plans for the both of us. insyaAllah.

i'm glad to have known this man for the past 6 years. i don't regret anything that has happened between us. 

quantity does not matter. quality of the relationship matters.

you may know 1000 people in life, but what's the point of knowing them without having a relationship, a bond with them?

Appreciate those people you know who cherish you and make more friends, yes. but create special bonds along the way. let them recognize you as a special person and not just another face in the family. 

Wassalam.

No comments: