Blogger Backgrounds

Tuesday 4 September 2012

a book to share

it's something extraordinary for me to read a novel, and to be moved my the book. i was so touched by how the author brought about the novel. the book i read was Tautan Hati by Fatimah Syarha. this book was borrowed by a friend of mine, Neena. she's a nice friend, my fellow batch mate. she borrowed me this novel for 3 weeks-well, that's pretty much my holidays. 
honestly speaking, this novel is rather 'heavy' for me. but because i am a student who used to study in an Islamic school, i'm pretty much used to some of the info in the novel. however, there's still so much aspects i haven't applied in life. it's hard, realizing i was brought up in the perfect environment every parent wish for their kiddos, and i only apply an itsy-bit of what i learn for the past 5 years in my life. now that i'm far away from my teachers and the environment, i start to feel empty. i seek what i need for my life the hard way. one of the ways is through this novel.
the novel taught me a lot on bringing Islam to a whole new level. wherever we are, whatever we do, the job to spread Islam, talk about good deeds and guiding people into doing the right things in life is still on our shoulders. i thought i was doing pretty okay, with my pace, trying to persuade my roommate to follow me to usrah, sharing stuff i know with my kak usrah, spreading the importance of entertainment in the world and plans for them to dominate us, helping a friend to read the Quran and sharing the best quotes in the Quran...
after reading through the novel, i realized, i have so much more to do...not just what i have done so far. this novel have opened my mind wider than i expected. i have a lot more to do...
i recommend all of you guys to read this book, but honestly, this book is rather 'heavy'. do not read this book if you're very much prejudice towards students from an Islamic school. you need to have an open mind to read this novel. even i had problems and conflicts as i went through the novel...

No comments: