Blogger Backgrounds

Friday 28 September 2012

untuk kamu agama kamu, untuk kami agama kami

*fuyohh, baca tajuk je dah gempak kan?* insyaAllah, this time around, i would be sharing my life sharing a room with two juniors of different religions. and i will be sharing this room for one whole year. 
if you're wondering who these people are and why am i stuck with juniors of different religions, here's the story. well, last year, it seems like i didn't get enough merit points *or should i say a lot of people was obsessed with the merit points, some even got up to 200 merit points?* and so i was kicked out from my previous hostel in Nurani and offered to a newly built apartment of Murni *still on campus*. but living in the apartment would cost me RM 2000++ for a whole year. Alhamdulillah, i got an offer *one week before entering year 2* to stay in Murni hostel. and i accepted! 
i got here one week later, opened my room and the first thing is noticed were some miniatures of God of Hindus. i was shocked, but continued my way in the room and unpacked my stuff. i kept on wondering who would my other junior be. and deep inside, i wished she was a Muslim. but because i couldn't spot her praying clothes, i assumed it would be a Chinese. and i was wrong. both my roomates were Hindus. 
when i told my friend about my roomates, they laughed. i was like, 'What's so funny?' they are also students like us, here to fight for the noble job as a doctor. they also have responsibilities for their parents, family, community and religion. 
don't worry too much because my room is separated in half. meaning i get the half of the room for myself and the room is separated by a huge cupboard in the middle. so, these two juniors would never see me praying and same goes to me. i felt secure living behind the cupboard, praying and reciting the Holy Quran, without any disturbances, Alhamdulillah. 
why didn't i change rooms?
the thing i want to highlight here is, despite i'm sharing a room with two non-Muslims, that doesn't change anything. i mean, if you're afraid of them influencing me to doing something against the Islam, i think living in the same room with a Muslim doesn't guarantee that i would never commit sins in life. friends play a major role in who you become, but in the end, it's up to you. you control how you want to be, you control what you do...i've lived with 3 other Muslims before and that didn't lead me anywhere but quarrels and arguments throughout the year. i got stressed a lot, especially towards the end. and truthfully, i'm glad i'm living with these two. they're doing whatever they do and we only talk sometimes over the weekend. 
there's a reason why He chose me to be sharing a room with them and i must believe it that. maybe i would learn more on how to cope with different people. 
a lot of my friends advised me on changing rooms, they were afraid of the miniatures they saw. but as long as we have faith in Allah, nothing comes in the way right? 
i'm not saying i'm a good Muslim, but i'm trying to be better. in a situation like this, i have to become stronger at heart, in my faith to Islam. and i like it like that. i don't lose anything...insyaAllah, pray for me...

P/S: it's been 3 weeks now. and so far so good. Alhamdulillah...

No comments: