Blogger Backgrounds

Saturday 15 September 2012

romantic?

i was listening to Fly FM Pagi Rock Crew yesterday and the two deejays, Prem & Hafiz were talking about how important dates are. *by the way, Hafiz will get married in a month and 3 days* 
and so they were discussing on how important dates are in marriage-especially to the women. if men forgot the important dates, he's dead.
"abang tidur luar malam nie!"

and then, i remembered about my parents. my dad is a businessman, work in his own time but all he thinks about is money. however, he's nothing like the businessman you see in the dramas. we live in modesty. my dad only remembers dates for the first time. like my mum's 1st birthday after marriage and their 1st wedding anniversary. and that's it. no more celebrations after that, no more wishing one another after that. 
guess what? never did my dad slept outside nor did they fight. would you want to guess how long were my mum and dad married? 26 years to be exact.
i admit my dad isn't the romantic, lovey-dovey type, but he's romantic in his own ways. 
he doesn't buy fancy gifts for my mum on her birthdays-at least not that i know of. for my mum's 1st birthday celebration after her marriage to my dad, my dad bought a small ice-cream cake for my mum and they celebrated with my mum's family. *she lives with my dad's family after marriage* 
after three kids, the love is still there. and me, being the cheekiest among my siblings, ALWAYS tease my dad around. sometimes, i would let him know that it's my mum's birthday that day when she's busy in the kitchen. and the three of us would sit around our dad and give him ideas on what to do. usually, it's treating the whole family to dinner. we used to go out for dinner, but for the past 5 years, my dad would go out on his own and buy us food for dinner. it's nasi kandar and ayam goreng rempah. *living in Penang does not make us eat nasi kandar everyday k?*
do my parents fight? yes, sometimes. they come from two different worlds and sometimes they fight. i remember calling my mum and dad the Ribena Twist. both come from separate worlds, but are a perfect match. they complete one another in the most unexpected ways and i love them both so much!
i can't imagine seeing anybody in my dad's or mum's places. i'm glad they got married. Alhamdulillah...

No comments: