Blogger Backgrounds

Monday 19 November 2012

braces and people

being a dental student really opened up my eyes with the impact of braces and dentistry. this year only, so many of my friends are applying for braces. the reason for their action is, 
'if i were to become a dentist, and a patient comes up to me and looks at my crooked teeth, they would not trust me in fixing their teeth'
oh, come on already. just say that you want your teeth to look pretty like the rest of the class. end of story. 
my own personal experience, once i had my braces on, almost everybody asked me why i had braces. they wanted to know the reason. what's wrong with her teeth before? how bad was it?
the thing with braces is that people would never remember you before you had the braces on, they only remember you after you had took it off. and then, they go on questioning why did you had the braces on in the first place. 
one thing i learned from wearing braces for two years is that it is a painful process, but throughout the process, i found myself being confident in talking with people, and i definitely worked on my smile. until now, i still smile with practically all my teeth can be seen. it's a full smile.
there used to be once where people wearing braces are weirdos, and everybody would ask about the braces. now, it seems like people who had faulty denture would be asked by others, 'are you planning to put braces on?' and 'i heard the doctor is really nice, you should try and see him' or 'see how her teeth are now? all nice and pretty. she had braces before. i recommend you wear braces' 
see how the community think now of braces? 

No comments: