Blogger Backgrounds

Monday 29 July 2013

flattered much?

Assalamualaikum readers. 
to those who are anxious about what happened today in class, don't worry, nothing happened. the student who did not pray last year went back to the hostel, so i assume the student did pray. i'm not an idiot to ask the student whether he/she did perform prayers.
but something else happened yesterday. ELECTION TIME!
"any votes for ema?"
praise to Allah, i am no longer the leader of my group. it may sound simple, just taking care of 13 students, but it's harder than it seems. 
~ you are responsible for all the 13 students to be present at all learning sessions, if any of them are missing in action, you'll be the first to blame. 
~ you need to call the doctors and make sure they attend the classes, for if you fail, you'd be held responsible for your carelessness and puff goes one learning session. 
~ you must contact the doctor in-charge for case presentation, for the doctor only knows you and not the rest of the group. if you fail to let them know the case for the week, you're dead meat! 
~ oh, last but not least, the attendance. students' attendance carries 5% for the final exams. so if you fail to collect all the students' attendance, you are PARTLY responsible if the students fail their exams because of poor attendance. yeah, it seems stupid, but a lot of students fail due to poor attendance. attendance has nothing to do with us, it depends on the students themselves, but somehow, you will feel the guilt for not performing your very best as a group leader.
so, yeah. i can live stress-free for a whole year, not bothering about attendance and my group mates, and of course my phone credits. ~weee
then, i realize, it's not as easy as it is. people have been depending on me for the past one year for attendance and they ask me if there's anything wrong with the doctors and attendance. well, yesterday, even after letting go of my job, there are still students who pass the attendance sheet to me, as if i'm the one responsible for it. hmm, i guess i have to stay cool and not fret about it. 
just when i thought things are over, my whole class mentioned my name as the vice batch leader for next year. oh, God, will things ever get better?
i screamed and shout and let it all out. eh? sounds like Will.I.Am and Britney?
well, i let the whole class know how i don't want any post for next year, but of course, my name was mentioned and a lot of hands were raised. praise to Allah again, i lost by a few hands to my group mate. she was shocked she was even elected, but she'll do just fine. 
however, my name was elected a few times for a number of other posts, which i clearly kept screaming from the front of the lecture hall, 'Aku tak mau!!' meaning i don't want!
luckily, they heard me loud and clear because at the end of the day, i'm just an ordinary student, without any posts and titles! *phew*
i don't think i'm popular as such that my name was elected a number of times, i just think people have become too dependent on me, as i am the nice one, hunting people down for their signature on the piece of blue sheets which are called the attendance. because of that, they love me. they know they could trust me, in such way that i am too tired to care if their friends sign the empty space next to their name for them. 
flattered much? Nah!
i shall enjoy my time sitting in the lecture hall, not bothering to chase the doctors for their signature as well. *evil laugh* 
however, i know deep down inside, i will still chase after the doctor for their signature in the lecture hall. why bother ema? coz i'm afraid, if i don't do this, non of the attendance are accepted and i won't even get the 5% carry marks for my final exam. 
i don't need people to flatter me with compliments, i just wish people would stop asking me and making me responsible for things which are not my concern now. let's keep on wishing!

No comments: