Blogger Backgrounds

Monday 1 July 2013

universal

Assalamualaikum, readers.
this entry is dedicated to those who have been calling me names since forever. my identity has always been a question to a lot of people. thanks to how i look, a lot of people have been saying stuff they think is fun but hurts till the core.
schwarze und weiße Schachfiguren, eine Szene Rassismus darstellt Stockfoto - 9517298to those who have been reading my blog for some time, you'd know that i have Indian blood in me, thus my large, round cat-eyes, fluttering eyelashes and slightly dark complexion. let's not forget about the sharp pointed nose. yeah, that's me.
i received a lot of comments about who i am. some say i am an Indian, and i don't really agree with that. i'm not the daughter of an Indian mom of dad, nope, i'm not Indian. yeah, sure, i have Indian blood, but that's from my ancestors. it's like someone who has a Chinese grandma and of course has the Chinese features, and you call her a Chinese. but that doesn't happen much. people still call her Malay, and don't really question much about her race.
this is what i realized. 
when it comes to Indian, people gets very excited. they laugh when they see people speaking in Tamil, they laugh when they see Indian traditional costumes, they laugh when they see the complexion of Indians, they laugh about everything Indian. i don't get it. what's so funny about Indians? i wouldn't wanna go into details, but hey, we're all one in the end. One God, one nation, one ummah. 
where's the ummah when you are so happy laughing about others?
Islam is very universal. think about Bilal bin Rabbah. Bilal was described as a black man, who has super soft and sweet voice that he became the first person to say the adzhan. you know how special are those who say the adzhan in the eyes of Allah? my ustaz once told me if only people knew how much reward one gets when saying the adzhan, everyone would be running to the mosque to say the adzhan. 
don't be a racist. you'd never go anywhere being a racist. learn from others, that's the reason The Almighty made us from different backgrounds, different facial complexion, so that we'd be brothers and sisters on Earth, so that together we'd come as one ummah.
i can't defend myself when one claims my ancestors were Indians, that i speak in twisted tongue, that my complexion is dark, that i'm the odd one among all of my friends. they pick on me and i have no idea what to do. i come back and i cry. cry a lot. i didn't expect an ustaz to even comment that i'm an Indian. it's so sad. 
well, maybe this is a test for me. maybe not. i don't know.
let's stand together as one ummah, shall we?

No comments: