Blogger Backgrounds

Friday 4 May 2012

choose?

before i begin, i wanna ask you guys readers a question. have you been stuck in a situation where you're   supposed to choose between two options? it doesn't matter what the choices and decisions are made on. from food, clothes, education to boyfriends, career, marriage. we choose the one we think is better for us. 

so, tonight *yep, it's 8pm here in Malaysia* i would wanna open up about myself *again*. this time around, i would like to let you know how glad i am to make the choice i made. 

i was brought up in a small family, there's only the 5 of us. my dad's a businessman. well, he doesn't wear coats, holds his cellphone all the time, doesn't attend late night meetings, doesn't drive fancy cars and not much of documents to sign. he's a small businessman, dealing with people who has passion in antique coins and stamps. my mom, on the other hand is a housewife. she cooks, takes care of the house and update herself with us everyday. asking us how was school that day. she also takes care of the bills and our pocket money. she knew all of our friends, and keeps herself updated with their relationship status and personality. 

everything started when i began my life as a secondary school student. i applied to a new school and i got selected. the thing is, changing to the school was the best thing that has ever happened to me. i sometimes wonder what would i be like if i remained in my old school.
well, most of you knew by reading my previous posts that i was in a Christian school and i wore school pinafore until i was 12. as a Muslim, it is kindda forbidden, but that's exactly what i did. and my parents never said anything bout it. 

and when i went to the Islamic school at the age of 13, there were abrupt changes in me. from a girl who never wore scarf, there i was wearing school scarves that are so long, they covered my butt. and then, slowly i begin to change everything about me, except the fact that i love music, and i still love them. can't help to push them away from life. and so, when music sets in my heart, so does celebrities, cute & hunky guys and gossips, something i can't keep my eyes of.

now, being 20, looking back, i somewhat can't help to think of what i would become if i hadn't made the choice to change who i was. note that all of the changes i made in life has nothing to do with my parents. they just assist me as i move along with life, catching up with me-the teen daughter that is changing so quickly in life. my parents still are against my stripy socks and my choice of colours when it comes to clothes. but still, they love me. haha...
can you imagine what would i be now without guidance from Him? i would be wasted with more than 3 jerks stealing my heart and breaks in again. going out on forbidden dates, lying to my parents about hanging out with friends, when i'm actually out dating some guys. Oh, i just can't imagine what would i look like. definitely, no scarf to cover up my hair. i would be straightening and curling my hair over and over again. and maybe i would end up nowhere the place i am now. Alhamdulillah. thanks to Him, guiding me to where i should be, where He knows i fit best.
Thank you Allah.







No comments: